Classic Nokia 3310 Relaunched at MWC 2017 as Android phone

The famous Nokia 3310, a historical and classical phone that is well known because of its extreme durability, solid construction, long-lasting battery life, and reliability, will be relaunched by HMD Global as homage during the Mobile World Congress 2017 alongside the latest Nokia Android-based phones i.e. flagship Nokia P1, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, and Nokia 6.

Excited? You are not alone. Most of the phone enthusiasts are thrilled to hear this news about how the Nokia 3310 is making a comeback!

image new-nokia-3310-relaunchjpg.jpeg

There are no words on the exact Nokia 3310 specifications, display size, dimensions, CPU, and whether it is going to have the Android (may be latest Android 7?) or there’s a possibility that it will work as a classic feature phone only. The time will tell. But because of the advancement in technology, we can expect Nokia to introduce various improvements in the design, battery, and functionalities to meet the needs of today’s highly developed tech world and mobile phone market.

In case you forgot, there are several reasons behind the popularity of the retro Nokia 3310 including indestructible design, longer battery life, interchangeable and colorful covers, the hugely popular Nokia’s Snake II game, and the option to create personalized ringtones are few of them.

image classic-nokia-3310jpg.jpeg

As far as the price of the phone is concerned, according to the sources, the latest Nokia 3310 price is expected to be around €59 ($63), which seems to be a competitive pricing and will be affordable for all those true Nokia phone enthusiasts.

MWC 2017 event, which is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry and the event will be happening between February 27th and March 2nd in Barcelona, Spain. So we can expect the Nokia 3310 phone to be revealed by the end of this month.

For those of you who don’t know, the original Nokia 3310 is one of the most highly successful phones ever built by Nokia in the history with hundreds and millions of units sold around the world. Originally, 3310 was announced way back in Q3 of 2000 and introduced as a successor of Nokia 3210.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think HMD Global will launch Nokia 3310 as the Android phone? What features do you expect to be included in this iconic phone?

Unfortunately, the rebooted Nokia 3310 is a basic feature phone, with no smartphone features. Which means it can not run Android operating system software.

Unlike the original 3310, it does has a bigger 2.4-inch color screen, 2MP camera with LED flash, Bluetooth, headphones jack, microSD card slot, FM radio. And not to forget the legendary Snake game is also included. Also, the bigger and enhanced battery will let you talk for 22 hours straight and can give you over a month of standby time.

It was announced last week at the Mobile World Congress and will be available soon for around $52.

No one is going to use this as a primary phone. I will use it as backup in my home and during my Traveling. Nokia is best for long time battery and phone durability.

That’s correct, but the rebooted Nokia doesn’t seem as much reliable as the original 3310, which was reasonably durable thanks to its strong construction and casing. I hope this rebooted and modernized version proves to be durable enough.