How to block phone number on Android?

There are times when we frequently receive phone calls from telemarketers or some unknown phone number or maybe from someone you don’t want to talk to. Rather than getting disturbed or distracted by that call, what you can do is simply block that number on your phone. And doing so is a lot easier than you think. Especially on an Android smartphone.

One of the most notable advantages of having a smartphone running Android mobile operating system is the ease of customizability. And talking about phone number blocking, most of the Android phone manufacturers have included a built-in option that allows you to block phone numbers.

Blocking a number on Android is as easy as 1-2-3 and will only take a few seconds. :smiley: Here is how you can do it:

1. Tap on the “Phone” app located on the homescreen.
  2. From the list of recent call/call log, tap and hold on the number you want to block.
  3. On the upper-right corner, there will be a menu overflow button, tap on it to open a menu.
  4. Within that menu, you will see an option that says, “Block settings” or “Add to reject list”.

That is how you can block a number on Samsung Android phone. It is a built-in feature in my phone. There must be something similar in your phone too.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Also, do you know any other method or trick to block phone number on Android?

Hi @farzanhussain, Is there any method to block spammy and promotional SMS. I daily get a lot of SMS. They usually have no number. Only ID is attached with them. I havent found any working solution for them. They really annoys me.

Spammy SMS is also a problem for me. I daily get bombarded with Zong, Hyperstar, Warid and messages from many companies. I tried contacting my carrier but they haven’t offered me any help. Also, I haven’t found such app which can filter out those SMS.
Do you have any idea to block those sms. @farzanhussain

@Zaidi_Bai and @krakmh there is one Android app I tried that allows you to block SMS without number. It is “Call Blacklist”. Even though the name reads, Call Blacklist but it can block SMS messages too.

Though there is one limitation. The app requires you to set it as the default messaging app to be able to block those SMS.

Give it a try and let me know if this app works for you guys :smiley:

OK Thanks. I will try it.

You can also put the number to Auto Reject List which will automatically reject the call from that number.