Home Forum APK Download

How to disable the Bixby Button on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ & Note 8?

Hey, I’m new to Samsung as I’ve just switched to it, I love this phone but there’s one thing thats been bothering me alot and thats the Bixby Button. I’ve found myself pressing it accidently while trying to increase or decrease the volume and I would like to disable the bixby button. I couldn’t find any solution related to this that would help me and so I ended up here on this forum and I’m looking forward to getting a solution. It would be highly appreciated.

Hi @danielfox, You are right. I also got frustrated with this button due to the same reason, but its quite easy to disable it.
Just Zoom-out on your homepage using same two pinch method and then scroll to left, you will see an option to disable Bixby home, slide it and you are done.

@danielfox Do you know that you can even remap the button to your favorite app, function or assistant like Cortana and Google? just use this app and set it.

Hi, @danielfox welcome to our forum. It looks like that you’re pretty annoyed by your problem and so do most of the people, and you’ve come to the right spot to find the solution.

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Open Bixby home on your phone
  • It should be noted that the Bixby Application is up to date,
  • If you’re not updated there would be a popup on top of Bixby home showing you to update the application.
  1. Once you’ve updated and you’re on the main Bixby Application, you’ll see a gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen.

2. Tap on the gear icon, you’ll see a toggle button which will be in the ON position by default.

3. Tap on the toggle button to turn it to the OFF position.

And that’s it, you’ve successfully disabled the Bixby Button.