How to Free Up Space from your Internal Storage

Hi. Can anyone tell me how I can free up some space on my Android device? It has only 16 GB internal storage and it is almost full. Please tell me a solution.

I have an SD card btw.

You can try deleting some of the miscellaneous files from your phone since they take a lot of space on your phone.

You can refer to this post if you want to know more about that.

Anything other than that as I don’t want to take any risks?

You can also delete some photos from your gallery since they take up a lot of space. Delete any irrelevant pictures from your gallery as well.

Does anyone have a solution other than deleting stuff? I don’t have any unnecessary things on my phone.

You can also move some of your stuff to your SD card. Like music, pictures and other necessary stuff take a lot of space in your internal storage, so you can transfer them to your SD card (external storage) as well.

And just to make it simple and easy for yourself, you can make folders in your SD card according to the things you are putting in there.

Yes! That’s a really nice idea. That way it will be available and sorted for me when I need them and they wouldn’t even take any space from my phone.

Is there anything more to it, like can we transfer applications to the SD card?

Of course, you can. It is also really simple and doesn’t take a lot of your time. So if you’re stuck in a situation where you need some storage space fast, you can transfer some apps to your SD card.

You can refer to this post as well, we’ve discussed this in that post.

You can also buy USB drives which support both micro USB port as well as normal USB port. They are relatively cheap and they offer a lot of space for you. It is very easy to transfer those files between your phone and your PC as well. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and they are so small that you wouldn’t find it hard to carry around with you anytime.

Hi, I can provide you with four methods.

Method 1: Clear your Cached Data.
Navigate to the storage menu in Settings, Find the Cached Data and tap on it.

Method 2: Remove/Disable Unused Apps.
Setting>>Apps>>Choose the app you don’t like>> uninstall or force stop.

Method 3: Use Free App to Clean Up Android Phone.Like Agile File Manager.
It can simply delete cached files, along with miscellaneous files that are larger than 10 MB. The Boost option can closes apps you’re not using that are still running in the background.

Method 4: Disable Animations in Developer Options.
Step 1. In the Settings app on your Android phone, scroll to the bottom and tap “About phone”.
Step 2. Find the “Build number” and tap it for 7 times.
Step 3. Press the back button and you’ll see a new “Developer options” menu above “Above phone”.
Step 4. Inside the developer options menu, scroll down and find the following 3 settings: Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale. By default, each one is set to 1x. Open them one at a time and change 1x to .5x (that’s “.5x” not “5x”).

Clear cache data, move your apps in to SD card and remove unused apps…