Hey, recently I went on a trip to Dubai and I made many videos from my original camera app but the video file size is way bigger than the WhatsApp allows. Whatsapp only allows about 16 MB file to be sent at once I guess.
Yes, it’s really annoying since most of our phones record videos and photos in ultra HD and it takes a lot of space and it can be really annoying to send videos in two or sometimes maybe 3 parts. It ends all the fun and enjoyment of the video. I am also waiting for a solution (if there is any).
You’ve come to the right place to ask the solution to your problem. Just follow these steps:
- You’ll first need to root your phone since it only works if you have root access.
- Install Root Browser by JRummy on your phone and grant permission to this app.
- Make sure that you’re logged in to your WhatsApp account at the time you’re doing this,
- Open Data and tap on Data again.
- After that, look for a com.WhatsApp folder and open it and then open the shared_preferences folder.
- Here you’ll find the original file called com.WhatsApp_prefrences.xml
- Long press on this file name and from the given list of options, tap on open with RB Text Editor.
- Then once the file opens with the RB Text Editor, look for this keyword:
int name=“media_limit_mb” value=“16” /
- Now change the number 16 to your desired size but keep in mind that it should not exceed 2048 since the values are in MB format.
- Once that’s done, save the changes and exit the file and the app.
- Give your phone are quick restart and then you’ll be able to send videos of size up to 2 GB.
Is there any option to do this without rooting my phone? Because I’m not sure how to root my phone.
I guess no, I didn’t find any options or method using which we would be able to do this without rooting my phone. Because our phone doesn’t give us many options to alter any settings on the phone or the app. But by using the method of root, we are able to alter and change many settings on our phone as well as many apps.
Can you give us a link to that app?
Yeah sure. Here you go:
Oh man. I was looking for this kind of post for so long. It was so annoying to send long videos to your friends. We had to send a long video in like 3 or 4 parts. Thanks for the solution.
I did not know that we can change this setting. I thought it was permanent. I’ll definitely try this out myself.
This was really really helpful dude. Thanks @Shayan_2002 for the perfect solution.
It was a bit confusing at first but I managed to do it myself. It was not as hard as I expected it to be. Now it works perfectly fine and I can easily send a video file of almost 1 or 2 GB.
Shayan_2002 I am doing what your suggestions… and I followed the steps but why the folder is empty? Is that wrong for my device
Thanks for your useful answer… its helpful…