Home Forum APK Download

How to watch/stream live TV channels on Kodi? [Guide]

Kodi is one of the greatest entertainment hub ever developed for devices running Android and currently the high demand for the Android TV box (that usually comes preloaded with Kodi) is the reason why the majority of users are looking for a working way to watch live TV channels on their devices. Because it’s free and does not cost a dime to stream a wide range of TV channels from all around the world.

And the best thing is that the Android set-top boxes can be directly connected to your television or projector and you can use it to stream almost any content from the Internet including but not limited to 24/7 live TV channels, TV shows, movies, anime, cartoons, sports, and what not.

Now, to watch and stream live TV channels on Kodi, it is mandatory to download and install IPTV addons that allows you to stream live TV channels. Since there are countless add-ons and the list continues to evolve, at the time of writing this, the following are some of the best live TV Kodi add-ons that will let you stream live TV:

Covenant

Covenant was officially released by The Alpha during July 2017. It has a similar design as the add-on named Exodus. If you have heard about/used Exodus add-on then you must be aware of its discontinuation. And since then, Covenant is the new Exodus. It works perfectly and offers similar but updated streaming HD content.

Even though Exodus is one of the most popular add-ons among those who are looking for live TV streaming, but I will recommend you to try Covenant because it brings the updated list of live TV channel sources, movies, TV shows, and other streamable content right on the Kodi.

Elysium

Elysium was formerly known as Zen add-on and it shares a similar story as Exodus and Covenant. This add-on has some of the biggest active sources for TV shows, old and latest movies, and live TV channels. The add-on is designed to automatically scrape for all the available links to streaming HD content.

For those of you who don’t know, the Zen was originally being developed by Schism but his retirement the NaN (Noobs and Nerds) continued development on this add-on. And to avoid any confusion, they rebranded it as Elysium and started distributing it through their own repository.

Recently, due to increase in the popularity of add-on among Kodi users, the developers behind Elysium are experiencing problems with the API overload that may result in unable to fetch results for movies and TV shows. To avoid this problem, it is recommended to get your own TMDB API key. (We will have a tutorial on this soon).

Stream Hub

Stream Hub add-on, which was previously known as Media Hub, is another very popular Kodi add-on where you can find all the streamable high definition media and HD content for free including live TV channels, movies, TV shows. And all of these contents are scraped from the Internet and provided to you whenever you request.

Similar to how other add-ons work, the content available in Stream Hub is also well categorized and neatly arranged in different sections. This makes it easy for you to find the right type of content without spending too much of your time wandering around the add-on and opening different lists. The basic sections in Stream Hub are Movies, Live TV, Kids Corner, TV Shows, Sports, Anime, For Him, and For Her. Opening any of them will take you to its subsection.

Bob Unleashed

Bob Unleashed add-on is an updated and latest version of what previously known as Bob Unrestricted but that is no longer working now. The add-on is being distributed by (NaN) Noobs and Nerds repository portal.

The add-on provides you with tons of working sources for latest movies and TV shows in HD quality along with the functional live TV channel links. It is currently one of the top and best playlist add-ons currently available for Kodi. And it always provides its users with the great amount of quality content with the neatly organized playlist.

Made in Canada IPTV (MiC IPTV)

Made in Canada is a favorite add-on among Kodi users who are interested in free IPTV Canadian channels including entertainment, sports, news, and drama. The channels scraped by this add-on are available in French and English languages and there is a section for special events too.

The add-on gives you a straight and lag-free access to wide range of HD live TV channels in high quality. According to the users, you will be able to find all the TV channels that are found in the cable TV in Canada. The MiC Kodi add-on is the original source for people who are looking to stream Canadian content, sports, live hockey, and basketball game shows.

Supremacy

Supremacy is a free IPTV add-on for Kodi that let you steam tons of live TV channels, live sports channels, a dedicated section for kids, TV shows, 4K movies, list of active 24/7 TV channels, and even 3D films. It is currently one of the best add-ons for Kodi for streaming live content in HD quality.

While scrolling through the available channels, you may come across dead links as most of them are scraped from the Internet, however surprisingly some live TV channels sources are in 720p and 1080p resolutions too. Overall, the quality of streams and content being provided by Supremacy add-on is excellent.

cCloud TV

cCloud TV is one of the oldest and the most reliable source for up-to-date live TV streams and live TV channels from all around the world. Even though the developer has stopped actively maintaining the sources for live TV channels but most of the links are working as the IPTV channels scraper is still working great.

The best thing is all the contents are well organized according to type and genre. And apart from the TV channels, there are streamable movies and TV shows too.

You may face a problem here or there while streaming content or when trying to select your favorite channels from the list because that’s how these free live TV channels scraper works. However, many Kodi users are still using this add-on to stream content on daily basis. You can try your luck!

USTVNow Plus

USTVNow Plus is an official provider of streaming live TV channels on Kodi with the ability to stream some of the most popular US TV channels outside the USA. It is an IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service for American citizens living overseas.

There are two subscription packages, free and paid. The free package allows you to stream some selected live TV channels including ABC, CW, FOX, My9, CBS, NBC, and PBS as well as some limited DVR options. Whereas the paid package will let you stream all the available 28 US TV channels live on your Kodi including Animal Planet, CNBC, Discovery Channel, ESPN, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, and Comedy Central along with the full DVR capabilities.

It is important to note here that to be able to stream the live TV channels on your Kodi app then you must need to create an account on the USTVNow Plus website.

1 Like

Woo. That’s amazing. Thanks for Sharing.

If you are looking for the way to stream iTunes movies and TV shows to Kodi player, then you’ll need the help of TunesKit DRM Media Converter which can completely and losslessly remove DRM lock from iTunes movie rentals and purchases so that you can freely transfer the iTunes video to Kodi for playback. For more details, simply visit the official home page.

I am using Kodi for while and I love its feature. BTW do you know why I am getting low-quality graphics using Kodi on Mac?

Thanks for your nice post. To be honest, I’m not familiar about how to watch live TV channels on Kodi. The more as I know is how to play iTunes videos on Smart TV. All iTunes purchased/rented movies and TV shows are encrypted with DRM protection, making it impossible to be played on non-Apple devices. If you really want to enjoy these videos on Apple unauthorized devices, you have to remove DRM protection at first. Tuneskit DRM Converter for Mac is such a program for me to remove DRM protection and convert videos at 30x faster speed with lossless quality. Now there is a thanksgiving sales of this tool, you can get it in lowest price of 9.9. You can catch more info on Tuneskit Official site. Wish this point is helpful to you.

Thanks for the tip. I will try.

Thanks for your sharing. Now, I just know how to stream live TV to Kodi with ease. But as an iTunes movies, I also would like to stream iTunes movies and TV shows to Kodi media player for playback. All I know is that iTunes movies and TV shows are encrypted by FairPlay DRM technology, and are not allowed to play on non-Apple devices. When I hang out on the Internet, I heard that DRmare M4V Converter could remove DRM protection from iTunes purchases and rentals and convert iTunes M4V to other common formats, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, etc. Therefore I can play iTunes movies on Kodi media player. Do you have any other solution for me to do this? Thanks for your any replay in advance.

Hey @Isabellaling, I don’t think there is any need to make this complicated using these types of software. They are absolutely unnecessary. The problem with streaming iTunes movies and TV shows to Kodi is that first you need to download media from iTunes and then use the converter to remove the protection and then transfer it to your Kodi media player. This whole process is quite lengthy and will take a lot of time.

The best method is to install Kodi addons like Covenant (or any other addons mentioned in the first post above). They will help you directly stream any movies and TV shows on your Kodi device, whether they are new or old. It will cost you nothing and let you watch latest movies and shows in HD quality within a matter of minutes. :wink:

Thanks for your answer. It sounds a good idea and I will try it as soon as possible.

The only solution, as far as I know, is to convert iTunes videos to MP4 with the specially designed program like TuneFab M4V Converter.

It is able to remove DRM protection from protected iTunes videos and allows you to convert M4V to DRM-free MP4. This TuneFab M4V Converter is available for both Windows & Mac. After conversion, you can transfer those converted iTunes videos to your Kodi for playing and streaming.

Thanks for the tip Farzan. I tried it yesterday and it worked smoothly without any problem. I don’t know much about Kodi but it’s good information.

there are a number of ways to watch online TV on Kodi. I’ve been using it last months and it seems perfect.

Thanks, friends for the information. I’m streaming sports live online ESPN on Kodi. Its the best Kodi addon for the sports lover.

Thanks for this information. it a very detailed guide on Kodi. here is also an alternate list Kodi sports addons just check out this list if you find some new Kodi addons on it. but for that you must need a fastestVPN on your device.